Possible Side Effects You Should Know About Before Choosing Daytrana For Your Child
- Serious heart problems have been reported when using the Daytrana patch and other stimulant medicines
- Serious mental (psychiatric) problems have been reported with the Daytrana patch or other stimulant medicines
- In clinical studies, the most common side effects seen when using the Daytrana patch include skin problems where you apply Daytrana (redness, small bumps, itching), poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, weight loss, tics, trouble sleeping, mood swings, and dizziness
For more details about side effects, including the Boxed Warning regarding abuse and dependence, please see the Medication Guide. For a full list of side effects, please see the full prescribing information.
Information About Potential Skin Effects
- The majority of children in clinical trials experienced mild skin irritation where the patch was applied. In most cases, irritation disappeared within 24 hours
- It is possible to develop an allergic reaction to the Daytrana patch. Be sure to tell your child's doctor about any skin rash that develops in areas where the Daytrana patch has been applied. Your child's doctor can determine if the rash is irritation or an allergic skin rash
- Patients allergic to Daytrana may not be able to take methylphenidate in any form
- If redness is accompanied by a more intense skin reaction that does not significantly improve within 48 hours or spreads beyond the patch application site, discontinue use and contact your physician
- To minimize potential skin side effects, use the Daytrana patch as prescribed and remember to alternate the hip on which the patch is worn every day. Try not to use the same application site on either hip for several days
If you are currently taking prescription medication for your symptoms and are interested in building more health and perhaps getting off your medication by addressing the cause of your health concern, please call the office and let us discuss your options. I will work with your medical doctor to restore your health and reduce or eliminate the need for medication.
Dr. Huntoon has a single mission:
To support as many people as possible in their quest for health and enable them to improve and maintain their health to the highest level possible, while educating them about the benefits of Chiropractic, Natural Healthcare and Holistic Living, so they in turn can teach others to support us having a healthy community.
Health concerns are a major source of lost happiness and lost joy in all of our lives. Finding a solution that is agreeable and enables you to get back to your life is important. Please appreciate that you always have the more invasive surgery and prescription medication available to you as a last resort. What many Traditional Medical Doctors may not share is, many times, once you begin that journey into medication and/or surgery, it alters your original body from the one that you were born with. Unfortunately, at that time, more conservative and natural treatments may no longer be viable. I encourage you to consider that before making any decisions about treatment for your health. As always I am here to help.
- Continue doing the same thing and nothing changes or it may get worse
- Try something different and get a different result that makes you happier and healthier.
The Choice is Yours
Please call Dr. Huntoon at 845-561-BACK (2225) to discuss your options or click on our E-Visit to do it via e-mail.
Thank You for your consideration.