Crestor: a cholesterol-lowering statin medication
CRESTOR® (rosuvastatin calcium) may cause side effects in some people. The most common side effects reported are
- Muscle pain
- Abdominal pain
Serious side effects may include
Muscle Problems. Call your doctor right away if you experience unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, especially with fever. This may be an early sign of a rare muscle problem that could lead to serious kidney problems. The risk of muscle problems is greater in people who are 65 years of age or older, or who already have thyroid or kidney problems. The chance of muscle problems may be increased if you are taking certain other medicines with CRESTOR.
Liver Problems. Your doctor should do blood tests before you start taking CRESTOR and during treatment to check for signs of possible liver problems.
This is not a complete list of side effects of CRESTOR. For a complete list of side effects, see the full Prescribing Information for CRESTOR or talk to your doctor for a complete list or if you have side effects that bother you or that do not go away.
Is CRESTOR right for you? Only your doctor can decide. But you can learn more about whether a cholesterol-lowering medication can help you manage your cholesterol and slow the gradual buildup of plaque in your arteries.
Important Safety Information about CRESTOR® (rosuvastatin calcium) Tablets
- CRESTOR is not right for everyone. Do not take CRESTOR if you are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant; have liver problems; or have had an allergic reaction to CRESTOR
- Your doctor should do blood tests to check your liver before starting treatment with CRESTOR and if you have symptoms of liver problems while taking CRESTOR
- Call your doctor right away if you: have unexplained muscle pain or weakness, especially with fever; have muscle problems that do not go away even after your doctor told you to stop taking CRESTOR; feel unusually tired; or have loss of appetite, upper belly pain, dark urine, or yellowing of skin or eyes. These could be signs of rare but serious side effects.
- Elevated blood sugar levels have been reported with statins, including CRESTOR
- Side effects: The most common side effects may include headache, muscle aches, abdominal pain, weakness, and nausea. Memory loss and confusion have also been reported with statins, including CRESTOR
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist about other medicines you are taking
Talk to your doctor about prescription CRESTOR.
If you are currently taking prescription medication for your symptoms and are interested in building more health and perhaps getting off your medication by addressing the cause of your health concern, please call the office and let us discuss your options. I will work with your medical doctor to restore your health and reduce or eliminate the need for medication.
Dr. Huntoon has a single mission:
To support as many people as possible in their quest for health and enable them to improve and maintain their health to the highest level possible, while educating them about the benefits of Chiropractic, Natural Healthcare and Holistic Living, so they in turn can teach others to support us having a healthy community.
Health concerns are a major source of lost happiness and lost joy in all of our lives. Finding a solution that is agreeable and enables you to get back to your life is important. Please appreciate that you always have the more invasive surgery and prescription medication available to you as a last resort. What many Traditional Medical Doctors may not share is, many times, once you begin that journey into medication and/or surgery, it alters your original body from the one that you were born with. Unfortunately, at that time, more conservative and natural treatments may no longer be viable. I encourage you to consider that before making any decisions about treatment for your health. As always I am here to help.
- Continue doing the same thing and nothing changes or it may get worse
- Try something different and get a different result that makes you happier and healthier.
The Choice is Yours
Please call Dr. Huntoon at 845-561-BACK (2225) to discuss your options or click on our E-Visit to do it via e-mail.
Thank You for your consideration.