Advair: an asthma inhaler
Common Advair Side Effects
Advair has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occur in a group of people taking the drug are documented and are then compared to side effects that occur in another group of people not taking the medicine. As a result, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common Advair side effects included:
- Upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold -- in up to 27 percent of people
- Headaches -- up to 21 percent
- A sore throat -- up to 13 percent
- Bronchitis -- up to 8 percent
- Coughing -- up to 6 percent
- Nausea and vomiting -- up to 6 percent.
Some other common side effects with Advair, occurring in 3 percent to 5 percent of people, included:
- Sinus infections
- Hoarseness or voice changes
- Muscle pain or bone pain
- A fever
- Menstrual problems
- Abdominal pain (or stomach pain)
- A bloody nose
- Muscle cramps or muscle spasms.
Advair Side Effects to Report
There are a number of side effects with Advair that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These side effects include but not limited to:
- Breathing problems that are becoming worse
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A very fast heart rate (tachycardia)
If you are currently taking prescription medication for your symptoms and are interested in building more health and perhaps getting off your medication by addressing the cause of your health concern, please call the office and let us discuss your options. I will work with your medical doctor to restore your health and reduce or eliminate the need for medication.
Dr. Huntoon has a single mission:
To support as many people as possible in their quest for health and enable them to improve and maintain their health to the highest level possible, while educating them about the benefits of Chiropractic, Natural Healthcare and Holistic Living, so they in turn can teach others to support us having a healthy community.
Health concerns are a major source of lost happiness and lost joy in all of our lives. Finding a solution that is agreeable and enables you to get back to your life is important. Please appreciate that you always have the more invasive surgery and prescription medication available to you as a last resort. What many Traditional Medical Doctors may not share is, many times, once you begin that journey into medication and/or surgery, it alters your original body from the one that you were born with. Unfortunately, at that time, more conservative and natural treatments may no longer be viable. I encourage you to consider that before making any decisions about treatment for your health. As always I am here to help.
- Continue doing the same thing and nothing changes or it may get worse
- Try something different and get a different result that makes you happier and healthier.
The Choice is Yours
Please call Dr. Huntoon at 845-561-BACK (2225) to discuss your options or click on our E-Visit to do it via e-mail.
Thank You for your consideration.